Employment Law for Small Business
Boxed Jobs will be hosting a Employment Law workshop targeting small businesses.
If you are a small business owner or an employee of a small business with staffing responsibilties then this course is for you!
What Will The Course Cover?
If you employ staff you have important legal obligations to them and your business. Our workshop aims to provide you an overview of pertinent aspects of Employment Law you may deal with:
- Recruitment and induction - advertising roles, what to include in application forms and questions you can and cannot ask
- Equality and Diversity - the essential employer considerations stemming from the equality Act 2010 and what they mean in practice
- Written statements and contracts - what to include in a written statement and contract, what the differences are between the two. How to change or vary a contract.
- Pay and holidays - holiday pay entitlements and notice pay, bank holidays and lawful and unlawful deduction.
- Working parents legislation - maternity, paternity and adoption leave and employee rights, time off for dependents, the right to request flexible working.
- Discipline and grievance procedures - what are fair dismissals? What are unfair dismissals? The Acas Code and how to deal with the disciplinary process fairly and properly.
- Absence procedures - creating an absence reporting procedure, back to work interviews, reasonable adjustments.
This course aims to provide the basics and overview for you to better understand your responsibility as a business owner. Further courses are available that go into greater detail on the various topics.
Location & Timings:
Holiday Inn - Cardiff City Centre
0930 - 1600
How Do I Apply?
if you would like to attend this course please email email@example.com