Terms and conditions update (18th June 2016)
This web site is owned and operated by Boxed Jobs and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorized processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing. Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to Boxed Jobs Group Ltd or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply job seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable job seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
obtain confirmation of the identity of a job seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
take any steps to ensure the job seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the job seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the job seeker or the recruiter for the job seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
give any indication to recruiters whether job seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
propose job seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
take up any references in relation to a job seeker; or
make any arrangements for accommodation of job seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that job seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered job seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce job seekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a job seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a job seeker's suitability for the role.
These could include:
If you are a job seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a job seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the job seeker and that the job seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a job seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where job seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the job seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the job seeker.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on the site are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Boxed Jobs services
Services and information provided on the site by our third party suppliers and us are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither our third party suppliers nor we can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances, which may result in loss or damage.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Credit card payments
Boxed Jobs core job seeking services are free to use. However, some non-core services require payment to access. The payments are made by credit card using Pay Pal’s secure transaction environment.
Our system will only charge your credit/debit card when the product or service you have requested has been dispatched. If you have difficulties with the above system, please contact our customer relationship management team. You can reach them at email@example.com.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Boxed Jobs supports the current and most recent previous versions of all popular browsers. If your browser is not supported, you may still be able to access our site, but you may encounter some display problems.
Job search safety
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFER jobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit www.safer-jobs.com for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
In these terms and conditions:
1. 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases Services from us;
2. 'Order Form' means an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
3. 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us from time to time;
4. 'Contract Month' means, in respect of any Order Form relating to the provision of Services for a specified period of months, the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Order Form and ending on the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 24 February and ending 23 March;
5. 'Contract Term' means the full term specified in the Order Form.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. We will aim to give you reasonable notice in advance of implementing such changes by posting the revised terms and conditions on the web site and indicating the effective date that such updated terms and conditions will come into force (“Effective Date”). Where we deem the changes as significant we may also choose to email our registered users with the revised terms and conditions. The revised terms and conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you if you continue to use the web site and our services after the Effective Date.
Intellectual Property Rights
These terms and conditions do not transfer any (intellectual) property right, license or right of use from us to the customer. All of our rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademark rights, database rights, logos, titles as well as any other commercial rights) remain our (intellectual) property without restriction.
All material and content published by us is subject to our intellectual property rights (copyright, trademark rights and database rights), except for the individual elements of such material and content designed by the Customer or a third party that are already subject to a Customer’s or third party’s intellectual property rights and that have not been modified or revised by us. Customer also acknowledges that he has no rights, in or to, such intellectual property other than the right to use in fulfilment of the contractual obligations.
License to use Customer's name, trademarks and logos
Customer agrees that Boxed Jobs may use the Customer's name, trademarks and logos (“IP-Rights”) for the purposes of providing the Services.
Additionally the Customer agrees that Boxed Jobs may mention the Customer as a reference customer in Boxed Jobs marketing materials (such as eg. but not limited to websites and brochures), that Boxed Jobs may use the Customer's IP-Rights in this context and may present examples of the services provided to and the materials published on behalf of Customer.
Limitation of liability
Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £10,000, whichever is the greater.
Job adverts go live after payment confirmation on Boxed Jobs.co.uk during the following times based on 24 hour clock UK time;
|Job advertised between
||Job live in/by
|00:00 - 07:59
||11:00 same day
|08:00 - 17:00
||Within 3 hours
|17:01 - 23:59
||11:00 next working day
|Weekends & Bank Holidays
|Job advertised between
||Job live in/by
|00:00 - 07:59
||11:00 same day
|08:00 - 23:59
|| 11:00 next working day
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on Boxed Jobs. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the Boxed Jobs database get results, which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from Boxed Jobs.co.uk any advertisement, which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job advertisements placed on Boxed Jobs must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the 'send an email' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
5. Any advertising that uses the name or logo of the company being recruited for is subject to our rates for such advertising.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by Boxed Jobs on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification, which may appear to discriminate illegally, is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from Boxed Jobs.co.uk Boxed Jobs without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring Boxed Jobs into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against Boxed Jobs arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
As part of Boxed Jobs commitment to getting customers the best possible response we reserve the right to amend some of the job details that you supply in order to optimise your advertisement.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post jobs to Boxed Jobs.
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from Boxed Jobs any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Boxed Jobs into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Third party sites
Vacancies you post on Boxed Jobs.co.uk may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Boxed Jobs.co.uk and the proprietors of such web sites.
Use of candidate database
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to Boxed Jobs Group Ltd. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the candidate database is determined by the product you have purchased from us. On receipt of this material you may:
1. Use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you or (if you are an employment agency or employment business) your client wish to fill.
2. Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through Boxed Jobs depending on the product you have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy.
3. Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
You may NOT:
1. Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
2. Download, search or view the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process.
3. Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
4. Access our candidate database from a system that is not fully patched or does not have industry standard AntiVirus software installed that is regularly updated.
Deletion of database material
You agree to delete all material from the candidate database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring Boxed Jobs into disrepute. You will indemnify Boxed Jobs from and against any claim brought by an individual against Boxed Jobs.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Usernames are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. Passwords must be kept confidential and secure. We may deny access to a username if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions. Concurrent usage of a username is not allowed.
Customer supplied content
1. These terms and conditions apply to all advertising campaigns ('Campaigns') and other material accepted by Boxed Jobs Group Ltd for display on any of our web sites. By placing any such material you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the third party advertiser.
2. We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
3. To cancel or alter an order for a Campaign you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
4. You are responsible for the content of material supplied by you and for ensuring that you have the right to supply it to us and that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about any material or its content we may, at our discretion, remove the material from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the material infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive.
5. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements, you place on Boxed Jobs.co.uk comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
6. You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods or services to which a Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless accordingly.
7. Where a Campaign is sold on a cpm basis, we will provide you with a password to enable you to monitor the number of impressions served in lieu of any other right of audit. You will not use the password, or the system to which it gives you access, for any other purpose.
8. Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve Campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any Campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant Campaign. Neither we nor our subcontractors shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the Campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.